At Skiles Test, students receive a well-rounded education with a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math - the stepping stones to the future.
New to Skiles Test Elementary is the addition of a Dual Immersion Spanish program. Unique to Skiles Test is the blending of the immersion curriculum with the state-accredited STEM program. Not only will students receive core instruction in Spanish, but they will continue existing STEM programming, including the engineering design process, robotics, coding, and environmental science.
Visit the outdoor lab/nature center and scan the student created QR codes to access video of students explaining different components of the area. Even music and physical education are infused with STEM through creating digital music and recording and analyzing exercise data. Specialized STEM classes provide opportunity for students to create through computer programming and robotics, and also through exploration of the objects around them.
All grade levels utilize a Core Curriculum based on Indiana State Standards, taught in all Lawrence Township Schools.
Skiles Test envisions a learning environment where each student has the opportunity to achieve maximum growth in personal, social, and academic areas. The environment enriches the quality of life for all and ensures excellence in teaching and learning. Each child develops a strong foundation for future success.
- Identified by Magnet Schools of America as a national Magnet School of Distinction
- A partnership with the American Heart Association has resulted in an award-winning teaching garden, where students grow fresh fruits and vegetables. Over 500 pounds have been supplied to the Food Services Department, and students won 1st Place for Broccoli at the Indiana State Fair in both 2014 and 2015
- Recognized by the state of Indiana as a STEM certified school
- Skiles Test is an active participant in VEX and VEX IQ, an integrated STEM learning program, run by two full-time STEM teachers, including 2015 MSD of Lawrence Township Teacher of the Year, Mr. Dave Shafer
- An active Parent Faculty Organization (PFO) and Dad’s Club contribute to numerous activities and fundraisers throughout the school year