The Skiles Test staff values strong family and school partnerships, high expectations for all, academic excellence, building character, and a school community where everyone is respected. We believe in a team approach to education and encourage our families and the community to get involved. Skiles Test has a very active PFO (Parent/Faculty Organization) and sponsors special family night events!
Our staff believes that each child is unique, special, and a valued individual. Our teachers provide a differentiated curriculum to meet the individual needs of a diverse group of learners.
Skiles Test has caring teachers and staff who are interested in the whole child. We are student centered and focus on building positive relationships and good character. We are proud of our many service projects, both in our school and our community.
At Skiles Test, we believe in learning for all and whatever it takes!
Skiles Test Excellence
- Identified by Magnet Schools of America as a national Magnet School of Distinction
- A partnership with the American Heart Association has resulted in an award-winning teaching garden, where students grow fresh fruits and vegetables. Over 500 pounds have been supplied to the Food Services Department, and students won 1st Place for Broccoli at the Indiana State Fair in both 2014 and 2015
- Recognized by the state of Indiana as a STEM certified school
- Skiles Test is an active participant in VEX and VEX IQ, an integrated STEM learning program, run by two full-time STEM teachers, including 2015 MSD of Lawrence Township Teacher of the Year, Mr. Dave Shafer
- An active Parent Faculty Organization (PFO) and Dad’s Club contribute to numerous activities and fundraisers throughout the school year